Deliver critical research support within a world-class health organization. Help advance next-generation medical breakthroughs. Take your professional expertise to the next level. You can do all this and more at UCLA Health.
Working under the direction of the Principal Investigator, you'll design and implement algorithms for medical records, waveforms, medical imaging, and genomic data such as genotype, methylation, RNA-seq, and microbiome data. You will implement advanced statistical analysis to benchmark and evaluate computational methods. This role involves implementing, testing, modifying, and debugging programming codes, as well as documenting procedures to utilize developed tools. You will help monitor research progress in order to meet project milestones, while preparing progress reports and writing manuscripts. You will also analyze genomic and medical records data.
We're seeking an independent, detail-oriented professional with:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, biomedical informatics, or related field, is highly desired.
- Five or more years of data science experience using Python, R and other data science software or a relevant PhD.
- Programming expertise in Python, R, Java, C++ or Matlab.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical and machine learning concepts used in big data analysis, including nonparametric tests, ANOVA, mixed models, modern supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms such as SVM, Random Forrest, PCA, Clustering, and Neural Networks.
- Software tool development experience.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :